Vegan Pie Crust
Super simple and yummy! Makes one piecrust.
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid!)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 3–4 Tbsp Ice Water
- You can use a bowl and wooden spoon or pulse in a food processor to combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the coconut oil(must be solid, not melted) and stir, or pulse, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add 3 Tbsp ice water and stir (kneading also) or pulse to combine. It should look like dough now and if you break off a piece and roll it in your hands it should easily roll into a ball. If it doesn’t then add the remaining Tbsp of ice water.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a big round ball.
- Using a rolling pinroll it out from side to side into a giant round that can fit over your pie dish.
- Carefully lift it up and place it over your pie dish, tucking it in along the sides of the pie dish to fit properly.
- Take a scissors and trim off any excess dough.
- Place your pie crust into the fridge while you prepare your pie filling.
- If you need to pre-cook your pie crust before adding your pie filling (only if the recipe specifies this), then you can do so by baking in the oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.